Tuesday, May 13, 2014

LUIZ EXPRESS ADMIRATION OF PSG

Chelsea's David Luiz has called Paris Saint-Germain "a big club" and expressed his love of playing alongside the French champions' captain Thiago Silva in comments that will fuel speculation he could be moving to the French capital.
PSG coach Laurent Blanc admitted on Sunday that Luiz, 27, and Chelsea teammate Oscar could tempt the Ligue 1 winners into trying to bring them across the Channel to the Parc des Princes. The Brazil international centre-back told TF1 he is already a regular visitor to Paris, and acknowledged PSG's transformation into one of Europe's most prominent clubs.
"I love the city. It's a super city. When I have some spare time, I jump on a train and I go there. I love it," said Luiz, who was part of the Chelsea squad that narrowly squeezed beyond PSG in this season's Champions League quarterfinals.
"We'll see. You never know. PSG are a big club now, a great name. They're working flat out to win the Champions League, they're certainly going to win the French title for many seasons to come, so they're a big club."
Should Luiz opt to leave Chelsea, whom he joined from Benfica in 2011, to swell Laurent Blanc's squad, he would have the opportunity to team up with Silva, 29.
The pair will likely form part of the sturdy defence on which Brazil will found their World Cup bid this summer, and Luiz would clearly welcome the opportunity to feature more frequently with his national team captain.
"It's cool to play with him. I love playing with him, it doesn't matter where. If it were in the street, like when we were kids, that would suit me fine too."Meanwhile, Silva has acknowledged he is not certain to end his career at PSG when his contract expires.
In light of fierce speculation linking him to Barcelona last summer he signed a one-year contract extension -- and reportedly received a handsome wage increase -- to take him through to 2018.
While teammate Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 32, has stated his intention to make the Ligue 1 title winners the last major club of his career, Silva told TF1 he could not be as categorical as his Swedish teammate.
"I can't say the same thing as Zlatan about my future at PSG. I will be 32 or 33 at the end of my contract here, so it's difficult to say what will happen. I don't know if I'll extend my contract or move to another club, but the idea is still to be playing at that age."

No comments:

Post a Comment