Thursday, May 29, 2014

WEST HAM SIGNS ZARATE

West Ham have signed Argentine forward Mauro Zarate on a three-year contract from Velez Sarsfield.
The 27-year-old will join with a further one-year option when the international transfer window opens next month.
The former Lazio forward scored four goals while on loan for Birmingham in the Premier League in 2008.
    He said: "I hope I will bring goals to the squad. I will also bring dribbling skills and other attacking qualities."
He was top scorer in Argentina last season with 20 goals in 35 matches in all competitions.
"West Ham is a very important club and we know all about them and the Premier League in Argentina," Zarate added. "This club is a beautiful club. I know English football from my time at Birmingham and I hope I will play well and reach the highest possible level.
"My aim is come here and do my best in order to help the club to climb as high as possible in the table and to reach European competition again."
Zarate returns to the Premier League on top form, although his successful second stint at his first club Velez Sarsfield followed a controversial four-year spell at Lazio.
In 2010, while serving a two-match suspension at the Biancocelesti for insulting a referee, he was photographed giving a fascist salute amid the 'Ultras' section of fans. Zarate's spokesperson later claimed the player was unaware of the significance of his actions.
And in April last year, Zarate was spotted on holiday in the Maldives when he was supposed to be in Argentina receiving medical treatment. At the time he was not training with Lazio's first team because of persistent disciplinary issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment