Saturday, August 2, 2014

HANGELAND JOINS CRYSTAL PALACE ON A FREE TRANSFER

Brede Hangeland has joined Crystal Palace on a free transfer, signing a one-year deal at Selhurst Park.

Brede Hangeland

Hangeland joins Crystal Palace on free transfer
Hangeland, 33, left the Cottagers after more than six years following their relegation from the Premier League.

The Norway captain has agreed a one-year contract with Palace, and told the club's website he was "delighted".
After passing his medical in London, Hangeland told Sky Sports News: "It's been a long morning and I am obviously delighted to sign the contract.
"We had training after the medical and I am extremely happy to be here. It's been a long day, but a great day.
"I've done my homework on Palace, obviously I played against them last year and watched them play and they looked like an incredibly strong team.
"Everyone said that it's a club which is up-and-coming with a great bunch of lads with a good manager who organises the team well and it's in London which is convenient for me. So I am delighted to be here and I cannot wait to get going."
Earlier, the Norway international told the club's official website: "I look forward to helping out and doing the best I can for Crystal Palace.
"I'm quite old school as a player, I just want to be part of a good group of players, working for a good manager, working really hard and driving something in the right direction.
"Palace is a traditional club with a big following. I thought the atmosphere here was fantastic and obviously the fans had a lot to be happy about come the end of the season.”
Hangeland made more than 270 appearances for Fulham after being signed by current England boss Roy Hodgson in January 2008 from FC Copenhagen.
He has been capped 91 times by his country.

No comments:

Post a Comment