Tuesday, August 26, 2014

KESHI TO HANDLE SUPER EAGLES ON INTERIM LEVEL FOR CONGO AND SOUTH AFRICA GAMES

According to report from Complete Sports, Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has agreed in principle to extend his contract with the Nigerian Football Federation, ending speculation regarding his future on the job.
keshi

Keshi Agrees To Coach Eagles On Interim Arrangement

Keshi has been widely reported to have agreed to take charge of only the Super Eagles for the AFCON 2015 qualifiers against Congo and South Africa next month. But he revealed that he will sign a permanent contract with the NFF.
The former Togo and Mali boss will seal a new deal before the Eagles qualifier against Congo in Calabar and will pocket N7 million monthly, along with other incentives.
“I’m back and I will be in the country once my agent gets me a ticket back to Nigeria,” he said.
“It’s not just about the money; it’s about providing a workable condition for the coaches to yield positive results for the team.
“I spoke with the Minister Tammy Danagogo and I’m confident things will get better because he has given me assurances.”
He also said that he is confident of starting afresh on a winning note.
“Every team wants to beat Nigerian but when Congo comes to town we will be ready for them,”
“It’s not my style to boast before a game but I can assure you that our immediate task is to qualify for the Nations Cup,” Keshi added.
The former Anderlecht player who led Nigeria to the country’s third AFCON title in South Africa also equalled the country best ever finish at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment