Friday, September 5, 2014

FALCAO: I CHOSE MAN UNITED AS THEY MADE ME VERY IMPORTANT

Falcao brushed off comments about his failed move to Real Madrid and affirmed his preference for the red half of Manchester because "they were always very keen" to sign him.

Falcao: I chose United as they've always been keen on me

Falcao: "I chose United as they've always been keen on me"


"There was a lot of speculation with certain clubs and contacts, but that is all over now. I chose United", explained Falcao in Miami, which is where Colombia are based in preparation for their friendly encounter against Brazil.

The Colombian striker added that when the club's sporting project was presented to him, he was made to feel "very important" within the team. The former Atlético and Monaco star admitted that he had been "analysing" his professional future for some time before opting to join the Premier League outfit.

He chose the 'Red Devils' because "it's a historic club, the biggest in the world", and because their sporting project appealed to him in terms of his professional future, given that he will have an "important" role in Van Gaal's side.

"For me Manchester United are one of the three best clubs in the world and they've made me feel very important in this new project. I feel comfortable and am happy to be here", he explained.

The 28-year-old revealed that negotiations between Manchester United and Monaco were far from simple and work continued on the details of the deal until the very last moment. 

"United were trying to sign me for many months and an agreement was eventually reached with Monaco on the last day".

"I'm happy to play again, to feel ready, to be in great shape, to score goals and, especially, to join United", he concluded.



marca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment