Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PHILIPP LAHM SAYS HE DOESN'T MISS TONI KROOS

The Bayern Munich defender-cum-midfielder Philipp Lahm assured in an interview that Toni Kroos's move to Real Madrid was no great loss, despite the fact that the opening league games have not gone to plan.

Lahm: I don't miss Kroos

Lahm: "I don't miss Kroos"


"I'm not sad that Toni's left. That's football. Players come and go. I've been around long enough not to let the sale of players get me down or affect me, although I have to admit that he is an excellent footballer", said the former Germany captain.

Xabi Alonso has come in to fill the gap left by Kroos. "Alonso will really come in handy with Javi Martínez, Thiago and Schweinsteiger out of action for a long time", remarked Lahm.

Alonso is the fifth Spaniard to join the club since Pep Guardiola took up the reins just over a year ago, but Lahm insists that players' nationalities are not what matters.

"The qualities they bring are more important than what they've achieved. I don't care where they come from. I'm not worried about that", the defender finished by saying.






MARCA

No comments:

Post a Comment