Saturday, September 6, 2014

LUIS SUAREZ: YOU SUFFER WHEN YOU DON'T PLAY

Barcelona striker Luis Suárez is chomping at the bit to make his comeback following his biting ban and is braced for being put under the microscope on his return to action.

Luis Suárez: You suffer when you don't play

Luis Suárez bracing up for his return

"I'm relaxed on that front because I experienced that in England and I coped with it", the Uruguayan stated in an interview published on the Barcelona website, drawing attention to his reputation and previous misdemeanours while at Liverpool, where he missed a large number of games through suspension.

"I got used to playing under that kind of pressure; or not so much pressure, rather the fact that there are a lot of eyes on you", he noted. "You have to get used to it and all the more so now, because I'm at the best club in the world, so there are going to be even more eyes on me than before. You have to be mindful, accept the responsibility and be smart", the goalscorer added.

Suárez is delighted with Barça's results so far this season - victories over Elche and Villarreal - but admitted that he isn't enjoying being an idle spectator-cum-cheerleader.

"The truth is you suffer a lot. I have already missed several matches through suspension and there are a few more to go. You feel helpless watching on from afar, because you can't do anything except talk to people and cheer the team on. You have to accept that and be conscious of your role".

Nevertheless, Suárez is at least relieved to be allowed to train again: "Being able to tell my children I'm going to work puts my mind at ease. I feel like a footballer again".







marca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment