Tuesday, September 9, 2014

CONTE CONVINCE PIRLO TO RETURN TO ITALIAN TEAM

The 35-year-old Andrea Pirlo, who announced his retirement from international football after the 2014 World Cup, has confirmed that he has reconsidered his decision and is ready to wear his country's colours again.

Pirlo returns to the 'Azzuri'

Pirlo returns to the 'Azzuri'

In an interview with 'Gazzetta TV' he said, "I've spoken to the new manager, Antonio Conte, and he's asked if I would be willing to come back and I said yes. It was a difficult decision. I wanted to quit the national team but he came and asked for my help. I am happy to be able to and I hope we can achieve good things".

Pirlo added that Conte "has all the right qualities to do a good job. In just a few days he's given belief to a team which appeared to be on a downward spiral after such a bad World Cup".





MARCA

No comments:

Post a Comment