Wednesday, July 30, 2014

KEITA: I REACTED ANGRILY BECAUSE PEPE SPAT AT ME

Former Barcelona midfielder and now Roma player, Seydou Keita took to Twitter to explain his run-in with Pepe during Tuesday's International Champions Cup clash. 

"He called me a monkey during a Real-Barça match. I didn't shake his hand and he spat at me, so I threw a bottle at him", he tweeted.
Nevertheless, leaving aside his motives, the ex-Barcelona midfielder did apologise for his conduct, adding "I'm sorry for my attitude".
The ugly incident happened when the former Barça midfielder conspicuously refused to shake hands with the Portuguese defender after pressing the flesh with Sergio Ramos. Pepe reacted and a ruckus ensued, with the Malian subsequently throwing a water bottle at the 31-year-old, before Iker Casillas and Xabi Alonso, among others, helped restore the peace before kick-off.


No comments:

Post a Comment