Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BARCELONA COMPLETES THE SIGNING OF IVAN RAKITIC

Barcelona FC have unveiled Croatia's Ivan Rakitic as a Barcelona player. Ivan Rakitic posed in his new number 4 shirt after signing a five-year contract at the club.

Ivan Rakitic said : "I want to thank the club for the way they've treated me. What's most important is to feel comfortable and I'm grateful. I hope I can repay their faith. I want to make history at Barça.

"I'm very happy with how the last few days have gone; they've been very important for me. From the very first day I had the chance to talk to Zubi, I knew I would say yes, like when I got married. This is just as important.

"I played in the holding role at Schalke and I'll do whatever the coach asks of me".

"I've spoken to him. Everyone knows what he was like as a player and we had a very good, very positive conversation.

"He and I talked about my coming here; he wishes we could play together at club level too. (Laughing) I wouldn't mind if he finishes second [next season].

"It's a special feeling to wear the same number as Pep Guardiola. He made history both as a player and as a coach. I'd be happy to even come close to being as successful as him.

"Anyone who has played against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets knows they are icons. As a Croat I used to love Prosinecki. He danced with the ball".

Ivan Rakitic is expected to be part of Barcelona's pre-season tour ahead of the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment