Tuesday, July 1, 2014

ENYEAMA SET TO RETIRE FROM SUPER EAGLES AFTER WORLD CUP EXIT

Super Eagles of Nigeria first-choice goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has disclosed that the game against France could be his last appearance in a Nigerian shirt.
The Nigerian goalkeeper said after a 0-2 loss to the French national team in the second round of the Fifa World Cup on Monday that he will still have to "sit with my wife" before making a decision.
It is apparent the 31-year-old Nigerian custodian needs time to clear his head and take stock of what might have been at the World Cup in Brazil.
"At some point you need to just say may be I'll take some years off, may be I'll take some months off, may be I call it quit. May be I'll sit with my wife and see what happens. Hopefully may be, may be it's my last game," Enyeama said after the match.
The Lille OSC goalkeeper played in all of Nigeria's four matches at the World Cup.
He is one of the standout performers at the Mundial as he made 21 saves and kept two clean sheets in 360 minutes of World Cup football in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment